Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

March 18, 2010

I Want to Learn to Speak Vietnamese

I don't know why I didn't learn Vietnamese as a child. I wish I had been taught. My parents enrolled me in Vietnamese classes when I was in elementary school, but I didn't apply myself. The classes were expensive and because I wasn't taking them seriously, they didn't last long.

Now, I look back on that opportunity as wasted. I wish I would have studied harder. I don't want Caleb to look back and wish that I would have taught him Vietnamese. He has been watching Ni Hao, Kai Lan on Nickelodeon. I hear him over the baby monitor in the mornings practicing his Chinese in his room. He says "hello," "thank you," "dolphin," "red," and various other random words. I would love to hear him practicing Vietnamese that way.

I can't afford the Rosetta Stone series, although I am sure that its worth the price. I've found a few YouTube videos about learning Vietnamese and I've decided to try those out. I hope it works. I'll keep you updated.



Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics