Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

March 16, 2010

My All Time Favorite Song

This is a requested post, but unpaid. See my disclosure

I can be pretty fickle when it comes to my favorite song. Sometimes I fall in love with something new, but the radio overplays it and by the end of its run, I can't stand it anymore. There are a couple of songs that stand out as being all time favorites for me. These are songs that I never get sick of; that I will love forever.

My very favortie song, that I could listen to all day and everyday is "Just Like Heaven" by The Cure. The lyrics of the 3rd verse are so beautiful.

Daylight licked me into shape, I must have been asleep for days
And moving lips, to speak her name, I opened up my eyes.
I found myself alone, alone, alone above a raging sea
That stole the only girl I loved, and drowned her deep inside of me."

If someone were to paint this song, I think it would be full of swirling blues and greys, and look very stormy, like the sea that is being talked about. I think that songs can very easily be translated into paintings because the evoke so much emotion. I think that paintins can do the same way. Art can make you feel, and that is the most beautiful thing about it.

Please visit this sponsor's link by clicking on the banner below.
nerv banner for auctions



Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics