Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

March 15, 2010

My Mom is My Biggest Fan

I've been playing the guitar again lately. I can always tell if I have been slacking by how long my fingernails are. Also, if my fingertips get smooth and soft then I'm reminded to play more. Mikey has been playing the guitar as well and so I like to show him whenever I learn a new song.

I brought my guitar to my parents' house today to play a song for Mikey. Afterwards I played it for my mom as well. She was doing something in the kitchen and I didn't think she was paying much attention. After I finished she exclaimed, "You should be on American Idol!" I just blinked at her.

I am definitely not American Idol material. My mind immediately rewound to my preschool days when my mother would ooh and ahh over any scribbled piece of construction paper that I would hand over to her. I was a little annoyed. I was wishing that she would have given me a more realistic bit of feedback.

After I put Caleb to bed tonight, I paused in the hallway to look at the bathroom door. It's white, with a 2 1/2 foot tall blue person drawn on it in crayon. Caleb got a spank for drawing it, but I haven't washed it off yet. Shawn walked into the hall and stood next to me with his arms crossed looking at the door.



"That's a cute little guy he drew there," Shawn said.

"I know," I replied, "I haven't washed it off because I can't get a good picture of it with the camera."

"Its got hands and a face," he admired

"Its got eyes!" came an enthusiastic coo from behind us.

Caleb was standing there watching us adore him through his art work. It helped me understand a little bit better where my mom was coming from.



Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics