Let's say I try and bite you. How much is it gonna hurt? I'm...

March 19, 2010

Ready, Set, Garden


The sun is out and that has me thinking about gardening! I am really excited to start a vegetable garden this year. I plan on starting small. I often tend to "go big or go home" or rather; "go big, get bored, go home". I want to plant bell peppers, tomatoes, snow peas, and strawberries.

My mom saw some strawberries and snow peas while she was out today, and picked up some starters for me. I have some bell pepper seeds from a really tasty organic pepper that I ate last Summer. We are going to get some tomatoes in about 2 weeks, when it gets close to the right time to put them outside.

Mom also picked up some hanging baskets for me... isn't she sweet? I thought the strawberries would look so cute in the hanging baskets on the eave of our covered porch. We used to have a strawberry patch when I was growing up, and I never liked eating the ones that grew close to the ground. It seemed like there was always some kind of critter getting at them. From ants to squirrels, everyone wants a bite! Hopefully, hanging them will help keep them out of harms way.

Also, you may remember that my mom has a worm farm and so I am going to have a plethora of worm poop for my garden! If you're not aware, worms poop out amazing dirt for growing all kinds of plants. If you ask about it at your local nursery, you might want to call it "worm castings." Castings means poop. No matter how fancy you try to make it sounds, its worm poop.






Related Posts with Thumbnails
xanga statistics